A BMW 5-series owner came to ask for help. This year, he bought a new car, which is only 6000 kilometers long. But the wheel hub of a four-wheel car has been oxidized three times. What should we do? Let's have a quick look.
First of all, you must go to the 4S store to claim:
It's a good idea, but the results are usually simple. The 4S shop will apply to the manufacturer, but the manufacturer will also identify it. The result is generally that "the hub will be affected by the environment, oxidation is a normal phenomenon, no warranty will be given". You may think the manufacturer is bad, but from his point of view, this is normal. The hub itself is a vulnerable part. It is hard to avoid bumps and scratches during the use of the hub. Indeed, the environment will also have an impact on it. It is impossible for the manufacturer to make a detailed investigation on your route, weather and area.
In addition, if someone successfully makes a simple claim against the centre, it may lose control and continue to receive similar claims.
Therefore, it is generally difficult to succeed due to oxidation and claims on the hub.
If you want to apply successfully, you need to meet the following four conditions:
1. Your car is new enough.
2. The hub is not scratched or scratched;
3. The 4S store has enough conscience and is willing to help you apply for compensation.
4. You should have enough patience, time and psychological preparation to do this, because it may be troublesome, such as going to the 4S store many times, calling 12315 for complaints, etc. Of course, the premise is that you are sure that hub oxidation is a quality issue.
If the claim can not be filed, it can only be handled by itself, which can be divided into three situations:
1. Simple cleaning, such as scrubbing with facial cleanser or toothpaste, and then applying varnish. This should be the most economical treatment if you really don't care about this defect.
2. After the oxidation surface is greatly enlarged, the hub is redrawn;
This kind of situation also applies to the owners who are not so persistent in appearance. The oxidation of the drawn wheel hub will be more and more, more and more, and will be uglier and uglier. For hub redrawing, I suggest no more than 8 times. That is to say, there are 8 times of thread removal opportunities between new hubs. You can decide when to remove the thread according to your own oxidation, tolerance and economic conditions.
3. After the wheel hub is polished and cleaned, paint or electroplate again, which is usually concerned about the appearance of those students who are not short of money.
Cause of hub oxidation
1. Wash the car with broken tyre oil
As more and more car owners pay attention to the problem of tyre oil, the possibility of actual tyre oil corroding the wheel hub and causing oxidation is actually very small.
2. wheel hub scraping
For example, some car owners like to park on the side of the road, often resulting in wheel scratches, which will damage the varnish on the wheel surface, make the metal directly contact with the environment, and easy to be oxidized and corroded.
3. Quality problems of the center
Especially the drawing of wheel hub requires higher technology and material. For example, if the varnish protection layer is not resistant to high temperature, the iron powder falling from the brake may damage the varnish layer of the hub when braking at high speed, making the hub metal contact with the environment, causing oxidation.