1. The inspection and maintenance of the airbag must be carried out by the full-time maintenance personnel in strict accordance with the operating procedures specified by the manufacturer after carefully reading the manual attached to the vehicle. No one is allowed to disassemble and repair the airbag without permission, so as to avoid damage to the parts or danger.
2. To check and repair the airbag, first read the fault self diagnostic code, and then disconnect the battery cable.
3. Turn the ignition switch to the off (or lock) position, remove the negative terminal cable of the battery for more than 90 seconds (60 seconds for some models), and then start the maintenance work. Because airbags are generally equipped with standby power supply, if the repair is started less than 90 seconds (or 60 seconds) after the negative cable is removed from the battery, the airbags may still inflate and open.
4. When the negative terminal is disconnected from the battery, the contents stored in the clock and audio system will disappear. Therefore, before starting the work, the storage contents of each storage system should be recorded, and after the work, the audio system should be reset.
5. In case of slight collision, even if the airbag is not opened, carefully check the airbag, sensor, seat belt tightener, control computer, cable, plug, etc.
6. In the process of vehicle maintenance, if there may be impact on the front sensor, the sensor should be removed before maintenance.
7. It is not allowed to disassemble and repair the control computer, front sensor, air bag and safety belt tightener of other vehicles, and it is also not allowed to use the air bag accessories of other vehicles.
8. If the fasteners of sensors, airbags, seat belt tighteners, control computers and other components have fallen off, or the shell, bracket and connector have cracks, dents and other defects, they should be replaced.
9. When installing the sensor, the arrow on the sensor should point to the front of the vehicle.
10. When connecting the connector, be sure to lock all kinds of locking mechanisms reliably to prevent the connector from loosening or failure code.
11. The steering wheel must be correctly installed in the steering column, otherwise poor cable contact will be caused. At the same time, the spiral cable should be in the middle position, otherwise it is easy to be damaged when turning the steering wheel.